Lots of bad feels tonight.
I’m in Florida!
Yesterday was weird.
So I was at work and ringing up this family, a dad and his daughter and son. As I was ringing them up, the daughter read my name badge and then snaps back up.
Her: Wait… Edith?
Her: Did you… use to get babysat when you were hella younger?
Me: [thinking about it because it’s been so long] … yes…?
Her: Omg, I remember you. We had the same babysitter. We used to play together!
And in that instant, I felt so bad because I couldn’t remember her. She started asking me if I had kept in touch with some of the other kids we played with, and I remembered them only because my dad was their godfather. But I couldn’t remember her.
But now that I’ve thought about it more, I’m kind of remembering her. I just can’t picture her face back when we were kids. It’s crazy, too, because she said she recognized my voice. Like, dude, I was probably 6 years old when we played together, how do you remember my voice?
What is my life?
- Be able to do the splits
- Be able to do a handstand
- Learn how to cook actual meals and not just desserts and pastries
- Well-defined abs, arms, and shoulders
- Be a pilot EVEN IF IT MEANS DESIGNING MY OWN AIRCRAFT TO ACCOMMODATE FOR MY HEIGHT GOD DAMMIT
- Learn to swim
- LASIK once my eyes are stable enough
- Be an astronaut
- Develop a real, working sonic screwdriver
Y U NO RESPOND?!
It’s been more than a week!
I have to leave soon!
We’re running out of time!